Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G only working on some apps

TheIves
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When using 4g on iPhone XR, various apps cannot be used fully. Instagram displays ‘no internet connection’, WhatsApp won’t send voice messages and other apps just wont load. I have tried different solutions but nothing seems to fix the issue and o2 have told me there is nothing wrong with the signal it is a problem with the apps. It has been like this for around 6 months. Any suggestions on a solution for this would be appreciated!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@TheIves 

Have you enabled the use of mobile data in the app settings?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

TheIves
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I have done that, I have rebooted the phone and tried many solutions from the internet including changing apn settings. Thanks for your reply!
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@TheIves 

Tried them on 3g ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

TheIves
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yep!!!
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yet another XR issue albeit a different one. Is this everywhere or just in your home area? What does it say in the network status?

https://status.o2.co.uk/

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@TheIves 

Makes no sense that some apps work and others don't.

The only individual app control is is settings >mobile data so if they are all allowed to use data in there and it's the same on 3g, them I'm lost!

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

TheIves
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just had a online chat with a o2 guru for 45 mins who made me try various options and none of them worked. They advised to take it to the o2 shop for them to look at!!! Thanks for your suggestions though!!!
Message 8 of 8