cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G on new Iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just upgraded to a new IPhone and was told that I was on the 4G tariff.  It was just by chance when speaking to O2 online for another query I asked if they would check that my new sim was applicable for 4G.  I was told it wasn't and that they would post the correct sim to me.  It might be a good idea to check that the new sim O2 send you when upgrading is indeed compatible for 4G or else you may be paying for something you're not getting.

Apart from this I am happy with my new IPhone SE so far!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All o2 sims are 4g now and have been for over 2 years.
If you're still using an older one you should definitely replace it but you should have been given a new sim when you upgraded anyway.
The other problem you may get, if you find 4g still not working, is that they have put you on the wrong tariff or bolt on, so you may need to check this too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All o2 sims are 4g now and have been for over 2 years.
If you're still using an older one you should definitely replace it but you should have been given a new sim when you upgraded anyway.
The other problem you may get, if you find 4g still not working, is that they have put you on the wrong tariff or bolt on, so you may need to check this too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Also have a look at the sim it self. All o2 sims in the coding may say so,etching like 4gpg2. If it has in the coding on the sim 4G then it's a 4G sim. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 3