Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in France

ARTH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can someone explain to me why I, as a long standing O2 customer, can't get any 4G in France? I just keep being told O2 don't support it, which is insane in 2017.... my pals in Virgin and Vodaphone are using the same French network and have no problems at all getting 4G. I'm told I now have the benefit of standard roaming charges abroad but using anything that requires data is nigh in impossible on 3G.....
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

ARTH
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've had a wonderful 10 days in France at a superb sporting event in stunning weather. The only downer in the whole time has been O2s appalling lack of service. It's a absolute disgrace. I pay what I consider to be top dollar for my contract and it's supremely galling when those around me were getting super fast 4G in contracts with other providers costing a quarter of what I pay. I asked O2 all the same questions at the same place last year but they've clearly no interest at all in providing what I need. If they do provide 4G for data-only customers they clearly could provide it for everyone. They just don't care.
Message 11 of 19

ARTH
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've constantly asked why but they can't (or won't) give me any answer....
Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Well the reason you wont get 4G when abroad is O2 dont have any 4g roaming agreements outside of the UK.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

ARTH
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I know that full well, but there is yet to be an answer to the very obvious question - why?
Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It can only be cost, but you'll never get o2 to admit to it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 19

DomSta
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am in France and away from a town and getting 4G+ roaming with Bouygues. My phone defaulted to Orange which briefly said 4G then seemed to throttle all the way down to an usable "E". Selecting Bouygues works great.
Message 16 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@DomSta

You better tell @MI5 then as he is in France and can't get anything like that for love or money joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I've got no problem at all in towns but my house is 20 miles from the nearest mast (until January) so the signal somewhat struggles to reach here wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 19

ARTH
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had good 4G in France when I was there in June.  Mind you I was near a big town all the time.  

Message 19 of 19