cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G for everyone by end of March??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was talking to O2 chat about getting the 4G free bolt on. Previously I had been told that I need to "upgrade" my tarrif to get 4G. I'm on the old simplicity tarrif with unlimited data. Today I was told that the bolt on will be added free of charge by the end of March. I told the chat op that I had been told to upgrade previously. She said if I want 4G today I would need to upgrade but if I wait I will be getting it free. Anyone else been told this?
Message 1 of 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can anyone from O2 comment and let us know what is the official line on this?

You could ask site staff @Toby or @Anonymous to ask for you but i think someone from CS on 202 would be able to advise.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was talking to O2 chat about getting the 4G free bolt on. Previously I had been told that I need to "upgrade" my tarrif to get 4G. I'm on the old simplicity tarrif with unlimited data. Today I was told that the bolt on will be added free of charge by the end of March. I told the chat op that I had been told to upgrade previously. She said if I want 4G today I would need to upgrade but if I wait I will be getting it free. Anyone else been told this?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I think you would be the 1st legacy tariff holder to try this.

Be very wary as i have the fear you wont be able to go back if you lost that tariff.

Looking forward to your update

Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes please let us know how you get on if you get 4g with unlimited data that would be excellent
Message 3 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's see what happens end of March!
Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I were you I would keep it quite mate you don't really want to draw o2s attention to it
Message 6 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You could ask site staff @Toby or @Anonymous to ask for you but i think someone from CS on 202 would be able to advise.

Message 7 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
More live chat rumours.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
More than likely I would imagine
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
More live chat rumours.....?

I certainly wouldn't want to jeopardise a legacy tariff !

Message 10 of 32