Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G down today?

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Around 11:45am this morning everyone in our office lost 4G and was stuck on 3G even after reboots. Nothing on the network status page but i have raised a fault. Assuming it was just our local mast playing up i thought nothing of it. However i looked on http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/o2 and at the exact same time issues started to appear on there with some users saying their 4G was down

Looking on Twitter people in London (about 300 miles from me) are reporting 4G being down this afternoon. Also reports of 3G being slow which we experienced at work. So anyone else noticed this?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
o2 confirmed an issue which they say is fixed, but dont think it is quite yet

@Anonymous 5m5 minutes ago
We're aware of issues affecting 4G, but this is now fixed. Have you tried your SIM in a different phone at all?
Message 11 of 16

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Quick update:

Things appear to be back to normal now. Strangely people on EE were also having the exact issues. No idea what it was but was all across the UK

Few things to come out of this though - o2 on twitter admitted this evening they were having problems this afternoon, yet always denied there were any issues when users tweeted. And secondly whats the point of the status page when it doesnt reflect whats happening on the network.
Message 12 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5 I'll ask if there were any 4G issues yesterday. 

To confirm is anyone still having issues today? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I was on mobile most of yesterday and this morning. I never experienced any 4g issues at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Seemed to have been fixed, or fixed itself by last evening in the areas that were effected.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can find out. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 16 of 16