Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G down today?

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Around 11:45am this morning everyone in our office lost 4G and was stuck on 3G even after reboots. Nothing on the network status page but i have raised a fault. Assuming it was just our local mast playing up i thought nothing of it. However i looked on http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/o2 and at the exact same time issues started to appear on there with some users saying their 4G was down

Looking on Twitter people in London (about 300 miles from me) are reporting 4G being down this afternoon. Also reports of 3G being slow which we experienced at work. So anyone else noticed this?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
My misses hasn't mentioned it and she'd be the first to notice if facebook went on a go slow.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Seems to be hit and miss who it effects but its from all over the country going on the o2 twitter page
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Maybe not paid the bill and cut themselves off Rolleys

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Certainly paid mine grin

Is o2 Twitter help just some bot? Every other post is about 4G being down in x area, and all o2 do is post a link to a help page and say no issues. The fact there are literally hundreds of people in the last few hours reporting this from all over the country suggests something is up somewhere
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That just means they have no idea what's going on wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Not an official position by any means, however I've certainly had 4G issues where I'm based today.

Nothing was showing on the O2 service status page, so I reported it myself and I have just 10 mins ago had a notification that the issue has been located and is being worked on. slight_smile

I'm in Preston Brook at present, in the North West, if that helps at all? 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 7 of 16

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What time did your issue start? Some of these couldnt be local mast problems, but too many in quick succession reported to be just local issues

o2 status page has been updated from "everything working fine" to "Everything working fine, but....If you’re experiencing a problem with either 2G, 3G or 4G services, a simple fix is to switch off your device and then switch it back on again."

Message 8 of 16

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Mine began around lunchtime, probably 12-12:30 ish.

Currently seeing 4G connectivity which I haven't had all day, although greatly reduced speeds compared to normal at the moment.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Any idea if there is a problem @Martin-O2 or @Marjo ?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16