Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G coverage in and around football stadiums

MaddDogg24
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've had an issue with 4G for a while on my last 2 phones especially when attending football matches! I attend Dean Court every home game and I've been to most away Premier league stadiums over this period. The reason I'm highlighting this and wondered if anyone can help is I've just upgraded to the Pixel 3 xl from the 2, and the first game was yesterday at Villa Park. I sat for about 40 mins with 4G+ but no mobile data, whilst my brother on a cheap pay and go phone from EE using WhatsApp, sky sports app and twitter with no issues? Is it an issue with O2 or with me or my sim or something because I'm getting really bored of these all singing all dancing contracts from O2 which cost a fair whack every month, yet cannot do some of the most basic functions on my phone, yet watch my brother on a cheap pay and go and even my parents on cheap contracts from sky using the Internet no problem? My next step if I can't get it resolved is to send my phone back and go onto a new network!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@MaddDogg24 

It's a common problem in areas where a lot of people are logged on to O2 all at the same time.

They don't have the capacity to support it.

We're told they are improving this in some areas but we don't know where. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They have promised some improvements at major sporting venues and festivals. Just how they are going to do this and when , is anyone's guess.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think any of the operators will be able to provide enough capacity to serve everyone's needs at these venues just because demand is not predictable.

Message 4 of 6

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
If your in a congested area best you could do is change your phone to 3g only then you'd have better speed I had to do that to my mates phone the other day as I wanted to use it but 4g was slow slow changed to 3g he is on ee and I had a 3g phone a galaxy fame haha now I have a HTC One m8
Message 5 of 6

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I now have a honour play lol
Message 6 of 6