Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G calling withdrawal

Carlas-1972
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently I have noticed that o2 seemed to have pulled the plug on 4G calling in my area and the surrounding area too. It was available for a while but not now can anyone shed some light on this as I find it rather strange that 4G calling was available for a while and then taken off.

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can check that aspect of the service here https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling
And here https://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Carlas-1972 did the O2 mast status check reveal any issues with 4G coverage in your area? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 13

Carlas-1972
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have checked online and it was showing 4G calling in my area and surrounding places for a while and then bang it's no longer available taken off so it's not my phone that's the problem thanks

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Maybe it was just on trial?
O2 haven't made any info available to us so no idea tbh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Carlas-1972
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's showing as no longer available in my area. If o2 were gonna introduce 4G calling then they shouldn't take it away after adding it to the mast it's like one step forward and two backwards
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep...

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Carlas-1972
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a contract with EE as well and they have been great better signal, faster speed etc seriously thinking of leaving o2 as they are so far behind with many things that other networks offer at the moment

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it suits you to move, it's probably for the best for you.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13