Did you mean: 

4G availability in Hungary

KissG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

I am about to go on Holiday to Hungary in August, can anyone tell me please is there any 4G roaming service available by O2? There are three providers such as T-Mobile, Telenor and Vodafone?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries, but remember your data use is being passed back to a UK server so you won't be getting the same speeds as someone using a local sim card.
I've been to quite a few EU countries recently and on average you will see around 20mbps on 4g.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you can get 4g all over EU now although in some countries 4g is actually slower than 3G so you’ll need to check which gives you the best performance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

KissG
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So you are saying that i will able to connect to 4G and i will get 4G in Hungary vie O2 sim card using roaming?
The mobile internet speed is the 3rd fastest in Hungary in the world(i am hungarian), and last time i have been there in January there wasn’t any 4G availability.
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I was there in June and I got 4g fine but as I said, due to some issues in some countries, 3g may be faster so do a check when you get there.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

KissG
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok i will get back to you if i will not have any 4G 😁 thanks anyways for the answer
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries, but remember your data use is being passed back to a UK server so you won't be getting the same speeds as someone using a local sim card.
I've been to quite a few EU countries recently and on average you will see around 20mbps on 4g.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

KissG
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks wink
Message 7 of 12

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@MI5 Have we had confirmation that 4G is all over Europe with o2?

Only reason for me asking is that Ireland is still 3G only, Andorra is 3G and there are still many other countries on 3G.

unless I’ve missed something.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
France, Belgium, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary and Austria all visited this year and have got 4g.
I can’t say for any other countries yet.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Yes Poland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chanel islands, Isle of Man all have 4G as well.

But there are still many countries that don’t, Ireland, Andorra, Cyprus

Do we know if 4G is in Latvia, Greece, Bulgaria, Estonia, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden just to name a few.

Do we have any information on these?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 10 of 12