Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G and all the myths!

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Since changing my tariff to one of the Big Bundles, mainly to get more texts and some minutes, I am now able to get 4G also but apart from initial madness and several bandwidth measurements using a downloaded App (now uninstalled), I seem to be using more of my 500MB monthly allowance than is comfortable.

I don't use the mobile network  much, only daily checks on weather, BBC news and checking email but each time the mobile connection is turned off afterwards. I am also convinced that my battery isn't lasting so long between charges.

I have now gone back to WCDMA(preferred)/GSM and will monitor my usage etc.

Is all this in my imagination? I know from Google searching that much is written about all that I have said here.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Did three not do the one plan with unlimited data. Don't know if that's still available.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 41 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can still get unlimited on Three but a bunch of T&C's attached to it, like no tethering and speed restrictions over a certain amount of data used.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 42