Did you mean: 

4G & WiFi Calling not working

Danjaq
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I recently took out a SIM only, ported my number on Tuesday. The only thing that doesn't work is can't activate 4G and WiFi calls. They're are activated on my account and that was confirmed by an O2 agent yesterday. They even said they'd reprovisioned them.

I have an iPhone XS Max, each time I try an activate them under settings a message comes up saying I have to contact O2. It never works and I'm at a loss.

Tried the SIM in my work iPhone and same issues. Thought maybe a SIM swap could help, if so could I just by a PAYG one from the supermarket or would O2 have to send me one?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks slight_smile
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Danjaq 

Only customer service can help you Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Danjaq 

You need to wait for the settings to get syncd on all O2 servers.

Currently this is taking 3 to 4 days.

Keep rebooting the phone and eventually you'll be able to activate on handset.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Danjaq
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I didn't realise this, no one said. I appreciate your info!
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

LeeSutton
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Danjaq , I'm in the exact same boat, my number ported on Tuesday too and still waiting for it to be activated! Hopefully works soon? 

Message 5 of 9

Danjaq
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's odd. Seeing as the number ports quickly and all the rest - apart from these. No real explanation from O2, which is more disappointing.
Message 6 of 9

Danjaq
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Odd. So Three received no request to leave and my Three Sim is still active. Port made on Tuesday but agent did not use the PAC, he did it another way and night be reason. O2 doesn't know. I can receive and make calls, text, voicemail but NOT 4G and WiFi calling. Three said they should have used PAC and don't know how they managed without it. Help!
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Danjaq 

Only customer service can help you Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Danjaq
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the help. Customer service at O2 still working to resolve issue.
Message 9 of 9