Did you mean: 

4G & Data in Chester City Centre

Elz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has issues with their data in Chester City Centre?

Every single time go into the centre, regardless of time of day, my data seems non-existent. My phone still shows 4G, but I can't recieve Whatsapp messages or pull a search from Google until I walk slightly outside. It seems to be a recurring problem for me and I dont know whether to address it to O2 or not. My partner is with EE and doesn't ever seem to have the same issue.

For people that know Chester, I'm having difficulty with this issue from Bridge street to the top of Northgate/Frodsham Street or until at least M&S on Foregate Street, so literally just the city centre. It just seems to be a deadzone. 

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Elz you should report the issue through the My netwok app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network but as it will likely be due to congestion, there may not be a quick and easy fix.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
The problem could be just congestion so might be wise to turn phone to 3g only it may work then
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try switching to 3G, at least that should get data working again if it's congestion which looks likely....

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 8

Elz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks mate - didn't know we even had access to this facility. 

I've always thought it was due to congestion, so I've always felt really petty complaining to O2 about it, which is why I never have (not their fault at the end of the day). It's just a constant thing there, even in the middle of the night when I've been waiting for friends to finish work etc. 

It's such a minor thing, I just wanted to see if anyone else in the area experiences it so constantly, too. 

Message 5 of 8

Elz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks - hadn't thought of doing that!! I'll give it a go when I'm next around there and see if it works.
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Elz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks mate - didn't know we even had access to this facility.

I've always thought it was due to congestion, so I've always felt really petty complaining to O2 about it, which is why I never have (not their fault at the end of the day). It's just a constant thing there, even in the middle of the night when I've been waiting for friends to finish work etc.

It's such a minor thing, I just wanted to see if anyone else in the area experiences it so constantly, too.
Message 8 of 8