Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G after upgrading to big bunles10

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I upgraded from text and web to the above this afternoon using live chat and a guru. Everything gone fine and am now on the new tariff as My O2 App shows. However my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact phone still only shows H+ for mobile data and not 4G. I have obviously gone into 'Settings' and ticked in mobile networds 4G(preferred)/WCDMA/GSM etc. and then re-started my phone but nothing changed.

Another quick online chat suggested I remove and re-insert the SIM card but wasn't then sure whether the phone should be off or instandby etc.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@HHGTTG wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Text the word "active" to 2020 and save the settings you get sent back.

Thanks but which settings on my phone does it alter, doing that?

The network data settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, I fiddled with my phone's settings again last night (having done this several times already) and went into Mobile Network setiings and changed it to 4G (preferred)/WCDMA/GSM, as one would and then put the phone in Airplane Mode and then back off again. I then turned on my mobile connection and Lo and behold the magic 4G symbol appeared at the top of my screen. I now have blisteringly fast mobile internet connection in excess of 20Mbps!

Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to hear @HHGTTG Your phone was obviously just having a hissy fit Smiley Surprised. Seriously, pleased you have now found the elusive 4G Cheers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 14 of 14