cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G activation delayed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Signed up for 4G tarrif this morning and as of now am awating for it to be activated . My order status is still showing as "In Progress".

Call O2 after 30 minutes some one picks up and tell me that it will be upto 24 hours before 4G is activated. This must be a joke right ???

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just bumping this thread as Im curious if anyone with an s4 on o2 has had this 4g/lte network setting pushed through to their phone yet?

Also do you have a stock samsung s4 or o2 branded s4?

Im also wondering if it'll be a ota software update or is it something samsung can push through in the backround without you even knowing?      as I do remember the "find my mobile" features in security menu were added without having a software ota update, they just appeared.

Thanks in Advance

Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an unbranded S4 I am waiting for this update too .But have been using 4g thanks to the Battery monitor App . 

Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
How are you finding the 4G speeds ?
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't had to software update either yet, although I too did the battery monitor thing 45Mb down and 22Mb up was my best speed

Alan
Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my home now got 8.08mbps dl 5.12mbps ul
Message 25 of 26

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi Alan

Samsung were supposed to release a small update yesterday to enable 4G on unlocked devices.

Hopefully it won't be too long now and should arrive any day now.
Message 26 of 26