cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Signal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Despite having ongoing signal issues in North Devon for at least 12 months, the O2 Service Status now states the following....

"We'll be carrying out some maintenance on our phone masts in this area on the 17 December & 18 December.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal"

Does this mean 4G will be rolling out 17th - 18th December or that improvements will be made to 2G & 3G service and 4G will be prepped for future release?

Just doesn't read very clearly to me!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It reads to me that 4G is imminent. Otherwise they would have stated that mast maintenance was being carried out.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Within the next 3 months - That's how far ahead the updates go.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It reads to me that they will be improving 2 and 3G service....and 'getting ready' for 4G...

There again who really knows? I think they keep these messages as 'non specific as possible....then there will be no comeback on them...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that they are as non-specific as possible.....it could be read multiple ways.

I guess only time will tell!!

Message 5 of 5