Did you mean: 

4G Roaming

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

Hi All, 

Has anyone come across or heard anything about 4G/LTE roaming being available?  Or is it still under consideration?

Ta

Andy

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Interesting question.

I think it would depend on what the foreign network you were latching onto provided in the area you were staying.

Roaming is using a data service.

Lte/4g is the speed this is accessed at.

Maybe some one who has roamed recently can enlighten you more if they successfully attained Lte/4g speeds.
Message 2 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm pretty sure this already happens with EE and their masts being shared by different companies under the one Umbrella title. You think O2 and Vodafone could team up the 4G effort and make the infrastructure stronger, maybe?

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm just wondering what exactly is meant by 98% coverage in terms of projected coverage. Do they mean 98% of all areas they can get planning permission for and error margin of 2% for technical and geographical errors caused by lack of coverage. Or do they mean 98% of all usable estate within the entire UK?

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It would depend entirely on where you were and the network agreements in place.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

98% of population

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

Hi, 

I was on about International Roaming, i travel a lot and it would be nice to use the 4G/LTE networks offered in places such as Hong Kong, Tokyo, the US, and Europe. and also across Telefonica's global network of Mobile Networks.

I can see any technical reasons why it couldnt be turned on, may be its down to cost... 

I roam at least once or twice a month and the highest speed I go to is H+ (or in Gib GPRS, lol)

Ta,

Andy

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7