Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Not Working in portable hotspot

owensammons98
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently purchased a TP-Link portable hotspot, and an O2 sim unlimited data to go with it. My first sim had signal, but no 4G working, so I visited a store and got a new sim, which the 4g worked for about 24 hours, and has now stopped working. Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@owensammons98 

You can't have an unlimited data sim so O2 have probably detected the use of a phone sim and restricted your usage.

Yoou need a mobile broadband sim with max 150gb https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=other&contractLength=P12M

If you were sold the sim you have to go with a MBB device you have been mis sold and should return to where you bought it from to complain and switch tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@owensammons98 

You can't have an unlimited data sim so O2 have probably detected the use of a phone sim and restricted your usage.

Yoou need a mobile broadband sim with max 150gb https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=other&contractLength=P12M

If you were sold the sim you have to go with a MBB device you have been mis sold and should return to where you bought it from to complain and switch tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

owensammons98
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, so as its not a phone it wont work at all? At the store they said nothing about this, and also I don't see why it won't work as I am paying for it. 

Will O2 be able to switch the tariff easily? 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@owensammons98 

You should not have been sold a phone sim for MBB.

O2 will cut you off.

The shop who advised you is wrong and the staff member poorly trained.

They should change your tariff without a fuss.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @owensammons98 , welcome to our community. 

Please do keep us posted on how you're getting on with this one. 

Message 5 of 5