cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Internet speed limited to 2Mb/s up & down?

Eddles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently changed my tariff but have found my internet speed is limited to 2Mb/s up & down - it was much higher than this before the change, like 36Mb/s down & 18Mb/s up.  This happens no matter where I am, whatever tower I use, it's always exactly 2Mb/s up & down.

I am incredibly displeased about this and I cannot contact anyone at O2 because I keep getting hung up on.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Eddles 

You need to say you are calling about an upgrade or fraud to get through to an agent Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Eddles
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did, they keep on hanging up on me.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Early morning is the best time to call.
They open at 8.00am.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Eddles
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I called the 0800 number on the page you created, which worked. Got through to someone who confirmed that all unlimited packages are limited to 2Mb/s. I complained that this was not made clear to people buying this package, and I just got (paraphrasing) "I understand that this is frustrating but it is what it is". They offered to switch me to a 100 GB plan for £28 per month - I said that it's unfair as there's a 120 GB plan for £20 per month on offer, but he said they won't allow this as I signed an 18-month contract in May.

I feel this is unfair as there were no information or note that the unlimited package has permanent speed limits and I feel I've been hoodwinked by O2. It wasn't immediately obvious and it was only after a few experiments when I discovered the issue.

What's my recourse here - what's the best way to complain to O2? How should I word my letter?

Many thanks again!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Eddles 

There's no mention of a speed cap in the T&C#s so I'd use those as a basis for your complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/unlimited-tariff-terms

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6