cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Coverage in Portchester PO16 is appalling but not getting anywhere with O2 Customer Services

dmason197
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I was hoping somebody could give me some advice regarding the poor 4G Network Coverage in Portchester PO16

I've had numerous conversations with O2 Customer Services but they suggest the network is working fine?

However when I'm trying too use the 4G coverage It is very weak and fluctuating?

And the Network Support Team won't acknowledge this as It would appear nobody else is experiencing a similar issue?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can report the masts via the MYNETWORK APP and look here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

http://status.o2.co.uk

The network is suffering from congestion across the uk too which I'm afraid an end user cannot do anything about.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can report the masts via the MYNETWORK APP and look here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

http://status.o2.co.uk

The network is suffering from congestion across the uk too which I'm afraid an end user cannot do anything about.
Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to find others on O2 with the same issue to support your case - If no one else is suffering it would indicate either your phone or sim card that was faulty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

dmason197
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the Android App and I've had numerous conversations with O2 Customer Services but I'm trying too get a fault escalated by the Network Support Team?

But they suggest nobody else has reported this particular issue? And I'm paying £32.86 for this Pay Monthly Contract with O2 so I expect a decent service indoors / outdoors?

Message 4 of 17

dmason197
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm hoping others will comment on the situation as I have included the area within the Subject so I hope we can get a group together so O2 will take action regarding the poor network coverage?

Message 5 of 17

dmason197
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Live results for PO16 9UZ, Fareham, Hants

• Our network is currently working fine
    If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.
    Updated 14:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
      Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
      Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
      Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
      Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
As said if others in your area on O2 have the same problems then get them to lend weight to your claim and ask them to report it too.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you perform a search on the forum you'll come across lots if posts from people suffering from Congestion related issues.

O2 are yet to say their is an issue I'm afraid. slight_smile
Message 8 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'd be lucky to find anyone on here living in the same postcode.
You'd be better off asking around friends and neighbours...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 17

dmason197
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well I have chose too contact Ronan Dunne & Complaint Review Service regarding the situation?

Hopefully they can get some proper clarification regarding the coverage as the Network Support Team has proved useless because nobody else has reported issues with the coverage

Message 10 of 17