cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G? Can't even get 3G!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I read on another post 3G was introduced in 2003, it's now 2014 and 3G doesn't exist in the PE26 area!
It's not just O2 that don't provide 3G in this area, all the other networks don't do it in this area.
The local transmitter was down for a while due to theft of something, but it is restored for now and signal has improved to E!
I do about 2000 miles a week and have noticed a decline in the signal coverage around the UK, O2 to O2 calls dropping out and loosing network coverage on PC in truck.

Hopefully it might improve?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

In UK mobile signal NEVER get that good how in Baltic country's. can sit 3 meters under ground and you allways get signal... in forest, no problems aswell.  Internet works much faster by EDGE technology, than H+ in UK.

phones never loosing signal aswell. try to use old phone like nokia 6230i and its never reach full signal. mostly have 4 bars, so i'm not talking about new phones, due to 2G is not fully works, then whats point talk about 4G.  so for UK operators is FAR AWAY to make good  network coverage. in any future.    no towers no signal..  peoples need signal everywhere, not only in big towns.

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I agree mate slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I concur.

Speaking to Customer service won't get you stronger signal ,but it may reduce your cost towards the tariff.
Message 14 of 16

MarkTadley
  • 125 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have been having the same issue but for me, I'm lucky if I get any 2G signal let alone 3G Shocked

It's the reason I am now wondering, do i jump ship to another network or stay with the one I know........

O2 is fine in most of the places I visit in the South UK area. I am trialling Three netwrok on old iP5 and, even now, as I type this - O2 has no signal yet Three has 4 bars. I can go into other areas and they swap over hence my dillema. Astounded

It would just be nice to know when 4G is coming to all areas hense then people will know that their own 3G signall will be much improved AND 2G will be almost 100% perfect LOL

Tu Go = v2.5.0.431 permanently Turned OFF
128gb iPhone 6+ Slate Grey on O2 Network
No signal or 1bar 2G reception in rural location with O2
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A bit of a dilemma to be honest, ideally you need to find a network that gives you good coverage in all your travel areas and home. Not easy slight_frown

Message 16 of 16