Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Calling & Data

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
So I've for 15g data and this month I've blown it away. After thinking what have I done differently, the only thing I did was activate 4g calling in my phone's menu. I had assumed I already had done this months back but.... Does the 4g calling use your data?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It shouldn’t do in the same way that calls on 3G don’t use data but who knows with O2 ?!?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Curr946

I don't have WiFi Calling on my phone....however this link states it doesn't use your data

https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/news/o2/140677-o2-enables-4g-and-wi-fi-calling-here-s-how-to-use-...

I wonder whether it's happening when the phone flicks between 4G and Wifi whichever is the strongest?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It shouldn’t do in the same way that calls on 3G don’t use data but who knows with O2 ?!?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
So turns out that my phone has been connecting to 4g at home rather than the WiFi due to talk talk. I've not really noticed as I use my phone to upload to YouTube as do reviews etc. So the days has gone due to my uploads. TalkTalk just got a ripped a new.... Anyway thanks and sorry to assume O2 were at fault
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, that would do it wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5