Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£4.16 charge on bill for o2 travel

Wemorwell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I appear to have a charge of £4.16 under things you've bought.
It shows it as o2 travel.
Can you clarify what this is, as on the 25 March that it is showing, I was in Edinburgh, and then Dublin (part of the EU).
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Wemorwell we can't access your bills so you would need to call 202 for help but I can give you a help link to explain what O2 travel is https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also this is not o2 you are talking to. This is a customer forum. We are all customers like you
Message 3 of 12

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Wemorwell, I'd love to get someone on my end to look into this for you - I just sent you a private Message to get a few more details first, you can read it and reply to it by going into Messages at the top right of your page. 

Thanks @MI5 and @Anonymous for the helping out as well slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 12

OnePlus
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. I am having similar problems with O2, apart from the fact that I was abroad when the charges were made. However, my Mobile Data was switched off so as far as I am aware, I was using hotel wifi. O2 not very helpful, they just say I must have had data roaming switched on, which I know I didn't. £30 they have charged me!!
Message 5 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The charge is applied for ANY usage when abroad - calls, texts OR data @OnePlus.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 12

OnePlus
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My costs were just for Roaming. I didnt make any calls at all. Just wondering if there is something else I need to switch off! It is not easy to find out what is going wrong. I am certain I had roaming off, O2 and saying it was on... where do you go from here??

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to make sure roaming was off, turn voicemail off, nor send text from abroad as that will incur charges
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Did you have O2 Travel?

One text message sent triggers the £4.99 per day charge Does that explain the charges @Wemorwell 

Message 9 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You don't have an iPhone do you @OnePlus (guessing not given the username, but worth asking)?
The other problem might be that unless you had mobile data turned off, a restart of your phone could result in a data connection being made before the WiFi kicks in...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 12