cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G speeds in Manchester

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've been with O2 for years and last year, I noticed a better 3G coverage indoors (3G900 rollout).

Although, I find data speeds really slow.

I understood 3G900 would allow me to get HSDPA speeds (up to 7.2Mbps).

I use an iPhone 4S, so I believe I won't get DC-HSDPA and a micro-SIM I got September last year (so, it would be HSDPA compatible?).

Whenever my phone is connected to a 3G900 mast (checked on phone itself), I never get over 2Mbps.

My friends on Vodafone get 7Mbps and others on EE get 14Mbps!! (we all use iPhones 4/4S/5).

Why is O2 so slow?

Is there anything I have not set properly?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

There isn't anything you really can set Im afraid, the problem sounds like congestion and useage on the O2 network.  It probably down to the fact that a lot of people in the area may be all sharing one mast which the decreases everyone else's speeds.

I do a lot of testing over the country and on O2 3G I've managed 7mbs once but average between 1.1mbs to 4.2mbs.

Hope this answers your question.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

There isn't anything you really can set Im afraid, the problem sounds like congestion and useage on the O2 network.  It probably down to the fact that a lot of people in the area may be all sharing one mast which the decreases everyone else's speeds.

I do a lot of testing over the country and on O2 3G I've managed 7mbs once but average between 1.1mbs to 4.2mbs.

Hope this answers your question.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 2