Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30% tariff hike!!!

Landslide
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just received an email to say that my tariff will go up from £30.00 to £40.00.
I know they are entitled to raise prices in accordance with the RPI, but nothing in the real world goes up by 30%!
Any one else getting a hike like this?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Landslide Most likely a scam email trying to panic you into loging in from a link in the email.

Just ignore it.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Just to allay your fears though, probably worth checking either on the web or app by logging in to confirm...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Landslide  Hope you didn't click on anything within the email. If it looks like a scam you should report it here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Also speak to customer service to ease your mind: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Landslide
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have checked directly via the O2 app. My next bill is £40. 30% hike is for real. Interesting that all responses to this thread thought it was a scam or some kind of criminal activity. It’s called “daylight robbery”. Nothing in the real world goes up by 30%!
No change in use on my part - in fact I never use up my allowance. Will def be terminating this contract ASAP
Pretty poor O2 🙄
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Landslide 

The only way I can think of that happening is if you had a discount on your tariff which was for a limited time.

There have not been any general price hikes across the board so it must be related to a discount.

If this is the case, you will be able to upgrade to a different tariff which could be cheaper or offer more allowances, depending on your needs. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you checked if there are additional charges or things you have brought on the bill?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7