cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30% students discount

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, I have recently acquired an iPhone 6 and the guy in the O2 shop told me about the student discount. I currently attend college at night. He told me to register with o2open. I have tried this but I have had no success. It asks you for an organisation name. What does this mean? Do I need to register in an O2 shop or can I do it on line? Thanks
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Folly,

Students can get the discount but the store has to generate the code after checking your student id. Unfortunatly it cannot be done any other way, so you need to get back to the store. Hope this helps and u get this resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Typically the new iPhones are not included in the open scheme for approx 6 months.

"Are there any exceptions?
We don’t include iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Pay & Go, any non O2 Refresh tariffs or business accounts in the O2 Open scheme."

https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As far as I'm aware Student Discount is a separate scheme from O2 Open. Call customer service to clarify.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Full time students are eligible for Open Discount. The organisation name is the educational establishment that you attend.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Folly,

Students can get the discount but the store has to generate the code after checking your student id. Unfortunatly it cannot be done any other way, so you need to get back to the store. Hope this helps and u get this resolved.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Discount is a seperate part of O2 open. You need to prove that you are student. And O2 store or online customer service will give you instructions. Many other company provides student discount as long as discount seeker have valid .ac.uk email account. Hope you get sorted by O2

Message 6 of 8

chetzy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Student discount is part of O2 open, as the post above not available at the moment for ip6
Message 7 of 8

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Enter NUS as the organisation. I did when I was a student and it worked, don't get it anymore though 😞 

Also iPhone 6/6plus is not included at this moment in time. It says in the T&C's, crafty buggers

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 8 of 8