Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30% off monthly bill

MisterrrrJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just received a call from number 01543644008 claiming to be from 02 after I asked who is this calling. Person didn't give a name and claimed 02 is giving 30% off the tariff bill and they would send me a text of a verification code which I would verbally tell him for this to be applied onto my account.

I Google searched the number and wasn't a registered 02 number and was from a place called cannock

This felt very scam ish behaviour so I cut the call off.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

MisterrrrJ
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I've never received a call like that before 

Message 3 of 5

Bazini
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had a call offering 30% discount as well from 02045069228. I figured it was a scam straight away and blocked number. The guy could hardly speak clearly and was adamant I should not directly call 02. That was the giveaway, if I ended call he said I would lose the 30% discount I was never going to get anyway. I wasn't born yesterday or without commonsense fortunately.

Message 4 of 5

eggsmell
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also just received a similar call from this number: +442024830202

They said I would be offered 30% off my bill as a reward for being a long-time customer of O2. They said they would not need any personal details from me but would just need to verify that I'm the account holder by sending me a text with a verification code.

When I protested and questioned them the guy seemed to get a bit defensive and frustrated. Red flag.

I said if you have access to my account details and you know who I am then surely you can see that I'm the account holder and have been for over 20 years. You can send me any information via email and I will look forward to the discount on my next bill. He got more and more assertive every time I told him I wouldn't cooperate over the phone, until eventually I just hung up, found this thread and reported the number to 7726.

Thanks for the information here folks. Stay vigilant and don't let these people scam you.

Message 5 of 5