Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day contract vs bundles

Melly654
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I wonder if anyone knows the difference between bundles and one month contracts? I am currently on a bundle, but want 5G. I have just discovered sim only, 30 day bundles, some (all?) of which have 5G. I’m not sure what the difference would be, contractually. I can see the different allowances and stuff, but would you just carry on after the 30 days with the contract, whereas you keep topping up with the bundle? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Melly654 

The only difference is the 30 day contract is just that, a contract, which needs credit checks etc.

Bundles are PAYG. If you travel abroad beyond the EU area, some of the Rest Of The World countries do not have an agreement for PAYG customers.

5G has nothing to do with either. To get 5G you need a 5G phone, a 5G sim and be in a 5G area. So no difference between PAYG or Contract if you meet the criteria above. 

Just to add, with the 30 day contracts, they just keep rolling on if you continue paying for them monthly.

Personally, if I could afford it, I would go for a contract over PAYG any time.

Hope that helps.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Melly654 

The only difference is the 30 day contract is just that, a contract, which needs credit checks etc.

Bundles are PAYG. If you travel abroad beyond the EU area, some of the Rest Of The World countries do not have an agreement for PAYG customers.

5G has nothing to do with either. To get 5G you need a 5G phone, a 5G sim and be in a 5G area. So no difference between PAYG or Contract if you meet the criteria above. 

Just to add, with the 30 day contracts, they just keep rolling on if you continue paying for them monthly.

Personally, if I could afford it, I would go for a contract over PAYG any time.

Hope that helps.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

There's no 5g on PAYG currently.

No risk of high bills on PAYG.

Cheaper international calls on PAYG.

More data for the same money on contract plus 5g, wifi calling, call waiting, call divert etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Melly654
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks 

Message 4 of 6

Pinkberry
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does it mean the 30 days contract will stop automatically after 30 days with no further obligations?

Message 5 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6265 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

No. You would need to cancel. It just means you are free to leave or change tariff if you wish

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 6