cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 month early upgrade eligibility.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a 3 month early upgrade from a contract signed in 2012. Does this 3 month early apply through 3rd party such as Carphone Warehouse or is it just o2 direct ( who are more expensive) . Thanks.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There was a recent post saying that really upgrades could only be done with o2 directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Check your T&C.

You can upgrade where you please.

They will let you know at the time of any fees.

If you want refresh then you'll have to use O2 direct.

The independents can be cheaper sometimes as you state.
Message 2 of 11

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Don't forget that any price quoted in store or online will be going up at the start of March. You should be advised of this when you upgrade though

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There was a recent post saying that really upgrades could only be done with o2 directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I meant to say "early" upgrades

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replies. I shall probably have to ring up and check. ( to be fair I have a few months yet but get excited about upgrade time!!). With regards to the increase in fees. My wife upgraded with cpw last September and she has received nothing about an increase, whereas I received my text message and email a while ago now. Is it only o2 direct customers who are affected?
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Upgrade time is an exciting one I agree.

New toys !

Afaik anyone in an O2 pay monthly contract will see the price increase.

http://www.o2.co.uk/desktop/prices
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
No cpw is affected too
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a contract via CPW and can confirm I got an EMAIL telling me about the price increase.

Can't say I am happy about it but to be balanced I looked at my paperwork and it is on there. So stuck with it but my large discount for dreadful signal helps.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've 95% decided I will go with tesco mobile for my next contract after getting my son a moto g on an amazing 12.50 a month deal. This will of course negate the 3 month early upgrade, but its cheaper , 4 g is no extra, as far as I'm aware no price increases during contract and they do their own version of refresh. Of course that 3 month wait might change things!
Message 10 of 11