cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Months into contact. Terrible Mistake!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i am 3 months into a 2 year contract. I moved over from the iPhone 4s to a Samsung s3 due to recommendations from the sales people in the o2 store.

So far the phone has frozen numerous times, crashed, had poor or no signal, the battery lasts at best a day thats with pretty much every feature off.

I read on one of the other o2 posts that it is possible to exchange the phone providing the phone is not damaged and returned in its original packaging?

I really should have kept to my guns and stuck with the iphone brand!

Please can someone help if this is possible, i do not want to continue a 2 year contract with a useless phone.

Cheers

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Phone sounds faulty. I would get it in for a repair. I'm a heavy user and I get well over 36 hours out of my battery. I also suggest you get it unlocked (if it's locked to O2) and flash the open EU firmware which is much better than the O2 offering which is sadly not living up to it's expectations.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi Overyde.

3 months in there is no exchange available.

Have you made sure your S3 is up to date?

Are there any rogue apps hammering your power consumption?

What does the O2 coverage page say about your expected signal?
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes s3 has the latest updates, run a virus scan everyday on it and im in the middle of the town which has a mast only half a mile down the road. Shows 1 bar.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Phone sounds faulty. I would get it in for a repair. I'm a heavy user and I get well over 36 hours out of my battery. I also suggest you get it unlocked (if it's locked to O2) and flash the open EU firmware which is much better than the O2 offering which is sadly not living up to it's expectations.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sell your Samsung and use the generated funds to purchase an iphone.

Outlets such as C.E.X buy and sell phones.

To become a menber you need 2-3 forms of i.d.

They have a website which will gib=ve you more information. 

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://uk.webuy.com/ is CEX web site.

Message 6 of 6