Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 GB BoltOn is a joke!!!

Artival
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got 3gb data plus 3gb bolt during my 24 months contract. Apparently 3gb bolt on goes missing every month!!! Have to spend lots of time on the phone/chat to get 3gb or less as a good gesture until the problem is solved. What a crap!!!
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If it's not showing in your MyO2 as an additional bolt on you will have to persevere with customer services or make a complaint.
Help thread here for discounts and bolt ons https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/Where-is-my-discount/bc-p/1075494
Contact and complaints here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If it's not showing in your MyO2 as an additional bolt on you will have to persevere with customer services or make a complaint.
Help thread here for discounts and bolt ons https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/Where-is-my-discount/bc-p/1075494
Contact and complaints here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@ArtivalNot sure what happens to your bolt ons....but it seems as if you need to upgrade to a higher data tariff?

Its quite expensive adding bolt ons every month...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21

Artival
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No i don't need to upgrade to higher data tariff as i should have 6gb all together every month!!! I can't b bothered any more to talk/chat to o2 cause it doesn't solve a problem. Now waiting for technical support to contact me within next 72 hours lol
Message 4 of 21

Artival
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have 3Gb of data + 3Gb bolt on incuded in my contract during 24 months
Message 5 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Then obviously you have a bolt on discount. Follow the advice given by @MI5 above

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Can you confirm if you have the additional data showing as a bolt on or not and if so, does it not kick in when it should do?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Artival
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah it shows as a bolt on. I guess it should kick in when i use 3gb of my contract. What's funny my counter shows that i used 2.8 gb so i should have 3.2 gb left but o2 app shows that i got 200 mb out of 6 gb left. Coincidence??
Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No, that's how it shows.
Your data counter should show 3gb, then when used and the bolt on kicks in, it resets to another 3gb.
Sometimes you just need to reboot the phone to get the bolt on to kick in when needed.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 21

Artival
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Data counter actually shows usage between certain dates and has nothing to do with bolt on. I'm on about phone counter of course
Message 10 of 21