cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 month sim only handset upgrade-3 or 6 months?

JCI1181
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm on a 24-month Sim-only contract and understood I could upgrade to a phone contract after 3 months.

However, on my account, it says 6 months. Do I therefore have to wait for 6 months? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm afraid O2 seem to have amended their terms despite what people have been told or read online

A lot of customers are complaining about revised upgrade dates

Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10220 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@JCI1181 

Unless you have proof in your contract then yes you will need to wait 6 months, and o2 can change this, depending business rules, and how you mange your o2 account.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

JCI1181
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So this is all out of date?

SIM Only Upgrade to Refresh After 3 Months terms and conditions

These terms do not form part of your O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement. SIM Only Upgrade to Refresh after 3 months (the "Offer") is available to Eligible Customers only.

You're an 'Eligible Customer' if:

1. you're an existing consumer Pay Monthly customer on a Sim Only tariff  who signed or resigned your current tariff more than three months ago but no longer than 12 months ago;
  2. you wish to take an O2 Refresh tariff (consisting of a Device Plan' and an 'Airtime Plan') from us (see full terms at O2 Refresh - Device Plan and terms and conditions); and
  3. You are eligible for O2 Refresh (subject to credit checks, credit status, eligibility and Refresh terms).

The Offer is not available if you want to sign up to another Sim Only tariff or a non-O2 Refresh Pay Monthly tariff.

Message 4 of 4