cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 week earlier upgrade?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am eligible for an early upgrade in 2 weeks and I'd like to upgrade to the iPhone 5 and go on the new Refresh contract. If I go into the store tomorrow and beg to upgrade what is the likelihood of them letting me? Or is 2 weeks still too early and they'll chase me out of the shop? wink
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Ideally you need to hang on the last 2 weeks. The iPhone 5 will not be compatible with O2's 4G network either in the summer, so you might want to reconsider or wait for the next iPhone which is due soon that will be 4G compatible.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Ideally you need to hang on the last 2 weeks. The iPhone 5 will not be compatible with O2's 4G network either in the summer, so you might want to reconsider or wait for the next iPhone which is due soon that will be 4G compatible.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I'm really impatient and love phone upgrades!

Sorry if this is a daft question but if I choose to wait and keep my current phone can I upgrade whenever I want?
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Yes, once you have completed the minimum contract terms you will go onto a rolling 30 day contract during which time you can upgrade whenever you like.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi Luffoo.

O2 retail have no control over bringing your upgrade date forward, they simply do not have the option.

Customer services (most likely retention's) may be able to offer an alternative however.

I do echo MI5's sentiments on holding off however due to both 4G and rumors of a 5S / 6 at the end of the summer.
Message 5 of 5