cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 sim cards for the same number?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically, I have OCD and keep my handset in a food bag when out of the house to keep it clean, so it doesn't feel contaminated to me, I know this sounds dumb to a lot of you, but it is a mental issue I have been dealing with my whole life.

So my plan is to sell my phone, and buy 2 cheaper phones, one which is my "clean" at home phone, and one I can take out without being in a bag making me look like a tw*t.

I know it is possible, because after a little research I found that O2 Hungary, and O2 Czech do it. They can give you 2 sims, with the same number, one of them is registered as your primary sim, which calls go to, unless switched off, then they go to the other handset. This is what I need.

I am willing to pay extra for this. I just do not want 2 different phone numbers!

Is there anything like this available from O2 UK?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93172 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

TU go is your friend.
Set the "home" phone up on tugo with any other sim card in and set that phone to divert all calls (don't worry the tugo app will still pick the calls up)
Make sure you have good wifi for the "home phone"
Link the tugo app to your main o2 number that is in your "outside" phone.
When your out, the sim card will pick up calls and your outside phone will ring.
When your inside, turn on your inside phone and your calls will come through the WiFi enabled tugo app.

Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome idea! If I get no success on my multiple sim plan, then I shall do this! Thank you!
Message 13 of 21

jonsie
  • 93172 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Good idea @viridis as long as the OP is on contract. It's a matter of getting in a routine to of doing it when he leaves the house but he should have no problem doing it. The only minus point of that is the reliability of TuGo itself.

Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is TuGo not that reliable?

I have decent 70mb fibre broadband at home, so should be quick enough, and will join O2 again asap slight_smile
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also would my main O2 phone have to be off for the home phone TuGo to pick up the calls or would they both start ringing?
Message 16 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's not that bad, it's just not that great either. Some people have problems with it and hate the thing. I personally used it on a WiFi only tablet and worked fine for me.
Message 17 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Either will ring first it's pot luck, that's why I said when your in turn on your phone
Home phone or just deactivate WiFi when you go out.
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting discussion and I require a second sim on my phone for an entirely different reason. My primary phone is used as a phone and my secondary Android phone. I wish o2 would, they give SIMS away for free for goodness sake. In fact when changing plan they actually sent me out by mistake a sim that had no number allocated to it.

Message 19 of 21

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
We asked and were told that o2 don't see a need for it so it has been flatly refused, regardless of what customers want.
I've just found out that I can get an additional sim on my EE account though so will be reevaluating how much my o2 contract means to me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 21