cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 sim cards for the same number?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically, I have OCD and keep my handset in a food bag when out of the house to keep it clean, so it doesn't feel contaminated to me, I know this sounds dumb to a lot of you, but it is a mental issue I have been dealing with my whole life.

So my plan is to sell my phone, and buy 2 cheaper phones, one which is my "clean" at home phone, and one I can take out without being in a bag making me look like a tw*t.

I know it is possible, because after a little research I found that O2 Hungary, and O2 Czech do it. They can give you 2 sims, with the same number, one of them is registered as your primary sim, which calls go to, unless switched off, then they go to the other handset. This is what I need.

I am willing to pay extra for this. I just do not want 2 different phone numbers!

Is there anything like this available from O2 UK?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately it is not something that OK-UK offer, but you can have your contract sim as the main account and then set up a call divert to a second sim for the other phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I sympathise with your condition, I have a mild form of the same slight_frown

Unfortunately this just isn't a possibility with O2 and I don't believe it is with any network.

Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a shame, as most EU networks offer some form of this, even if it is just through a business account... I wonder why Czech O2 can do this, but UK can't?
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
But couldn't then make calls from the second phone 😞
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to have this feature.

I like to try out handsets for O2 and having this feature would make it so much more convenient for me.
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really need this. And am fully prepared to pay extra for it, and will join any network that can offer it.
Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Orange were the only network that I know who used to do it but I don't think they do anymore either.
You could check with O2 and see if it's available to business customers here in UK though - It's worth asking the question....
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I'll fire them off an email now, thanks for that slight_smile I also just joined the EE community to check if they still do it slight_smile cheers
Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck and let us know how you get on slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21