cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 phones on 1 contract not possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been trying for 4 days to get this sorted. 

I upgraded my phone from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5. The new phone arrived, I activated it and could use it with my previous number. Still with me? Good....

I opened a 2nd account (o2 simplicity) and received and inserted the sim into the iPhone4. "No service". Speak to an agent, they dont understand that I have 2 phones and a new SIM. The phone isn't activated (despite them saying it is and it'll take up to 24 hours). 

24 hours later, nothing happens. 

The next day, speak to another agent. They activate the 2nd sim card on the iphone 4. This time however, the iPhone5 has "No service". 

The next day, speak to another agent. They don't understand the problem. I give up. 

The next day (today) I speak to ANOTHER agent, they seem to understand the problem well (even ask me to confirm that SIM1 = iphone4 and SIM2 = iphone5 etc).

They re-activates my iPhone5. And yes, now the iPhone 4 has "No service". 

Is it really that complicated? Is it just not possible? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should be possible but it seems as if they are confusing the two SIM cards. Make a note of the number for each SIM card, then call O2 customer services to ensure that service is activated on both the SIM cards you have.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should be possible but it seems as if they are confusing the two SIM cards. Make a note of the number for each SIM card, then call O2 customer services to ensure that service is activated on both the SIM cards you have.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I've gone through the webchat to try to resolve this previously, would calling them get me through someone with better training? 

I've really tried to spell the problem out to whoever I'm speaking to in a way a child could understand ("SIM number" belongs to "phone number" which belongs to "account number").

I really don't think I could make it any clearer, to be honest. 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the people on the customer service phone lines seem to know what they are doing and have undergone some training unlike it would seem the chat people 

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chats rubbish, they just read from a script & don't actually know what they are talking about 

Message 5 of 5