Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

1st Bill - Advice / Payment

Hi All,
I just wanted to get some advice on a problem im currently having. My first bill is scheduled to come out of my bank account on the 18th of this month, but i dont get paid until the 24th.
I rang an O2 advisor to ask if i could move it just 6 days after and unfortauntley she said she couldn't help because it was the first bill. her advice to me was to cancel the direct debit through my bank, and then phone up and make a card payment on the 24th and along with that re-set up the direct debit from the 24th.
I just wanted to ask if anyone had experience in doing this before? i questioned the affect to my credit rating or costs / associated risks but she said for 6 days nothing would come of it. after searching the internet / forums that doesnt always seem to be the case.
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks,
Simon
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: 1st Bill - Advice / Payment

I wouldn't advise being late with your first payment. Its only the 5th, so I'd leave enough in the bank to cover the payment.
Highlighted
Anonymous

thanks for the response, i thought it was a little strange being advised this from O2 directly, so i think it probably is for the best to just pay it and leave the direct debit where it is but set it up for the 24th of the month moving forward
Highlighted
Anonymous

The advice was correct, O2 apply an account bar 7 days after the payment due date if no payment has been received (notice, not paid). However I agree that having your first payment made late is best avoided. Also, resist any temptation to make an early manual payment, much better to just let the DD do it's job.
Highlighted
Anonymous

whoever you spoke to was wrong, when i got my contract i asked can i change the date i pay the bill and i was told i should ring up customer services and they'll do it, first payment or not!
Highlighted
Anonymous

And did you manage to get that done davey? I ask because it's not wrong. CS will change your regular payment date for you AFTER the first payment has been made, but they are not allowed to change it before then, and anyone that does can find themselves in trouble. I also find that shop staff cannot be relied upon to tell you what CS will or won't do as they generally don't know because it's not their job. Not having a pop at shop staff as the same thing tends to apply the other way round as well Smiley Wink