Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

1gb Equivalent to what?

I am looking at getting an iPhone and the internet is unlimited on o2 and 1gb on Vodafone so i am automatically seeing it as a disadvantage but someone from Vodafone said that 1gb is equivalent to around 35,000 web pages.

Is this correct, if so technically that is unlimited as i wont go into 35,000 web pages a month.
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

1gb Equivalent to what?

It also depends on will you get emails to your phone with large attachments

Will you be using maps etc the list goes on ie downloading apps over 3g watching tv catchup over 3g or iplayer easily use large chunks of data doing those.

It depends on your personal usage and if you use wifi at home etc etc

some use 6gb on o2 a month I use about 100mb a month but live in a no 3g area.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

1gb Equivalent to what?

It also depends on will you get emails to your phone with large attachments
Will you be using maps etc the list goes on ie downloading apps over 3g watching tv catchup over 3g or iplayer easily use large chunks of data doing those.
It depends on your personal usage and if you use wifi at home etc etc
some use 6gb on o2 a month I use about 100mb a month but live in a no 3g area.

I will only use it for a bit of internet, apps and maybe email.
Anonymous

1gb Equivalent to what?

It depends a lot on what apps you use - if you use a tv catchup app, you will munch through about 50mb of data for one hour of tv. But if you don't do that, you should be fine with 1GB.
Anonymous

1gb Equivalent to what?

It depends a lot on what apps you use - if you use a tv catchup app, you will munch through about 50mb of data for one hour of tv. But if you don't do that, you should be fine with 1GB.

Thanks Markle, why does watching tv catchups use so much, would sky news use alot as well?
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

1gb Equivalent to what?

any app that provide video streams would use that or more
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

1gb Equivalent to what?

Thanks Markle, why does watching tv catchups use so much, would sky news use alot as well?

As you can imagine, video streaming such as youtube uses up more bandwidth (more data flows in than say, receiving an email). Therefore, 1GB is 'technically' not unlimited.