cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15GB for the price of 5GB tariff confusion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

This is my first post, so please bear with me. I hope someone here can help.

I bought a new phone last year from carphone warehouse and got a deal of 15GB data for the price of 5GB. All great so far.

The problem is that I keep getting warnings about my data usage after 3GB and notifications that i've used all my data at 5GB. I can continue using data past this point and I'm not getting charged for the data but it's worrying that I might do as it seems unclear from 02 that they know my limit is 15GB for the 24 month life of the contract.

This was a popular offer at the time and I find it hard to belive that eveyone on this extended data tariff is getting warnings about usage when they're on at a 5th of the amount allowed under the offer. Is this a data entry error that I can fixed?

Can someone please advise me what to do, I've tried calling O2, but they just said don't worry about it and they would put a note on my record to show i'd called in the event that i was charged extra. This didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

On the My Device page it has my tariff as: O2 24M 5GB

Underneath this it has my data limit as 15 GB

Can anyone suggest how I sort this?

Thanks in advance

S

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It’s a glitch in the system that warns you when the base tariff data is used but your bolt on kicks in automatically.
Explained here about the added bolt on
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It’s a glitch in the system that warns you when the base tariff data is used but your bolt on kicks in automatically.
Explained here about the added bolt on
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification.

S

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No worries 😉

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4