Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day policy’s on return for exchange

Asa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently purchased the XR on contract and noticed a 14 day return policy for an exchange. I have since realised the new iPhone 11 is due out and contracted 02 customer services about an exchange. They told me I would have to return the XR 1st (which would leave me without a phone for over a week) then really via credit check (which I already passed in the 1st place for the XR) why is it called an exchange when you have to cancel the contract then reapply. It’s just like I am fighting to get a new phone and it’s not an exchange at all
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You would go beyond the 14 days allowed by the time the new phone was released.
You 2 options are to cancel and re-contract when the new phone is released or take any other phone within your first 14 days then apply to exchange again when the 11 is released.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Asa 

It is an exchange but how do you expect to get an instant exchange for something not yet available?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Asa
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I understand that. My issue is why am I being told that I need to cancel this contract and reapply for another one when it clearly states (exchange) to me that is not an exchange????
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You would go beyond the 14 days allowed by the time the new phone was released.
You 2 options are to cancel and re-contract when the new phone is released or take any other phone within your first 14 days then apply to exchange again when the 11 is released.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Asa
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I get that as well! Again my point is just say for example I want the XS. I am being told I have to cancel this contract then reapply via credit check yet again to see if I can get the XS. An exchange to me is swap phones and pay any difference and not cancelled this contract tract to apply for another one
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
No you don't!
If you want a phone that is currently available, you just swap like for like.
You'd only have another credit check if you went from a £20 a month contract to something like a £50 per month.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6