Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

14 day cooling off period

hello
can anyone please tell me if the 14 day cooling off period is from the day of purchase?
i work all week and can only get to an o2 store on weekends!
i only purchased my iphone 3gs on sat 17/09/11 and it has been such a nightmare!
O2 CS said they would exchange it at any store as long as it's within the 14 day period but this saturday will be 15 days???!!! arrrggghhh
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: 14 day cooling off period

Yes it's 14 days from when the contract starts.
Highlighted
Anonymous

14 days from first connection to the network. To allow for delivery delays. It is also 14 days to notify them, not to actually return it. If you got it from a store call them and inform them that you are bringing it back as soon as you are able, also cs should have noted your call, which proves your intent to return it within the timescale.
Highlighted
Anonymous

14 days from first connection to the network. To allow for delivery delays. It is also 14 days to notify them, not to actually return it. If you got it from a store call them and inform them that you are bringing it back as soon as you are able, also cs should have noted your call, which proves your intent to return it within the timescale.

Stores don't have that capability because the till will only accept it within 14 days.
OP, you should be fine to return the handset on the 1st.
Highlighted
Anonymous

just what the other person said. the store wont be able to. they will tell the customer to call customer services. customer services will then have to direct the customer back to the store.
by this time, the customer is angry and wants to escalate. so the store tell the customer to call customer services to escalate. then customer services advise that the customer needs to go back to the store to follow the store escalation process.
it happens literally EVERY DAY.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, I understand that but is a phone call directly to the store to say "I want to return this phone to you under the 14 day satisfaction guarantee but due to work I can only bring it in on Saturday" not acceptable? Surely the customer has done their bit?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, I understand that but is a phone call directly to the store to say "I want to return this phone to you under the 14 day satisfaction guarantee but due to work I can only bring it in on Saturday" not acceptable? Surely the customer has done their bit?

honestly. not acceptable.
its an acceptable request, but even so, the stores physically cant return it after 14 days is up. im sure they wouldnt mind doing it, but they cant.
it may need to get escalated through a manager in store if possible.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I never did like the way that stores operate Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Over the phone it's correct that they can call up within 14 days, because of time it takes to return the phone, but instore they would need to take it back within 14 days. After that only an area manager can authorise to have it cancelled, but it would need to be a good reason why a return wasn't attempted within the 14 days.