Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cooling off period - contract reinstatement

IRF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What are the rules and regulations for reinstating original contract + discounts after the 14 day cool down period and opting out of an upgrade?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @IRF

The info you need about changing your mind here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

There is no mention of reinstating an old contract. It depends whether that is available. Same goes for any discounts you had at the time of taking out your old contract. I doubt any of those would be available now..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @IRF

The info you need about changing your mind here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

There is no mention of reinstating an old contract. It depends whether that is available. Same goes for any discounts you had at the time of taking out your old contract. I doubt any of those would be available now..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@IRF If your old tariff is still available you will be put back in exactly as it was. If no longer available you can choose a different sim only tariff or cancel completely free of charge. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

IRF
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. The O2 online advisors also confirm as per above, however, instore customer service always have a different opinion.

Will confirm next week and update.

Cheers!
Message 4 of 5

IRF
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Final confirmation, all works well with 14 day cool off period (can be put back onto original contract as long as tenure has not expired and the offer is still available e.g. 20GB on £30 per month contract). Unfortunately however, any previous discounts (friends and family etc) are taken off and need to be reapplied.
Message 5 of 5