Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 Days Grace Period & Term Fee

AngelaBSpragg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It appears that we are still liable for term fee even when the cancellation for simplicity 12 month contract, is requested within the 14 days period. The only way to resolve this is, by requesting the customer to cancel the direct debit before the bill date. Is this appropriate, surely there must be a better solution?

Ms Angela B. Spragg
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

No, you need to give 30 days notice, and you shouldn't cancel the Direct Debit until your account shows zero. You can only cancel within the first 14 days without a penalty, not the last.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

No, you need to give 30 days notice, and you shouldn't cancel the Direct Debit until your account shows zero. You can only cancel within the first 14 days without a penalty, not the last.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@AngelaBSpraggYou are allowed to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period without penalty

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Of course you will will be liable for any usage within that period.

Cancel your direct debit only when you have a zero balance on your account.by checking My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Most definitely not appropriate to be advised to cancel the direct debit as this will leave the customer with bad credit ratings.
If you are facing a problem with this the correct process is to raise a complaint to try and resolve it properly.
https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The solution offered by a customer adviser is wrong, totally inappropriate and possibly a danger to your credit score and file. You definitely need to complain.

Message 5 of 7

Razorramon
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any update on this issue? As I'm being charged a term fee even though I cancelled my contract within the 14 day cooling off period...

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions
Message 7 of 7