Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

14 Day return

Dazz66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I'm sending a handset back ( 14 day return) but keeping my SIM card as I'd like to keep my new number, when can you choose your new handset? When your returned one has been recieved or when you have a ' Tracking number ' from your returned handset ?? Thanks
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Dazz66 wrote:
Hi, I'm sending a handset back ( 14 day return) but keeping my SIM card as I'd like to keep my new number, when can you choose your new handset? When your returned one has been recieved or when you have a ' Tracking number ' from your returned handset ?? Thanks

When it says in your MyO2 that you can "upgrade now". http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 

I assume you have approval from O2 to keep the sim card too?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Dazz66

Info about changing your mind here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

It does say here that you are able to exchange your device for a different one.

We understand that sometimes you may change your mind. That's why we have a 14-day change of mind period for all our customers. If you're not 100% happy with your purchase, you can get a refund or exchange your device for another model (additional fees may apply).

If you have further questions you may want to contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Dazz66 wrote:

When it says in your MyO2 that you can "upgrade now". http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 

I assume you have approval from O2 to keep the sim card too?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5

I've edited my first post. No longer the same as your 'capture'....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Apologies, I was supposed to capture the OP ๐Ÿ˜ž

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Apologies, I was supposed to capture the OP ๐Ÿ˜ž

No matter, I just went back and checked the terms and conditions, hence the edit....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Dazz66
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks guys , I'm not sure if I answer individually or as a post reply so here goes, I was advised I can keep the SIM and use it in my old S6 , take any SD card out , box up , jiffy on the way, I've had a text to say it is , I was a tad confused so I rang back 1X but didn't ask the question I have on here . What made me call back is I've pretty much decided what handset I wanna go for but I wanted to check you ain't 're credit searched within a few days of having one done , I ain't got a bad credit file , but certainly I'm no Goldcard holder , so I was informed just keep my SIM, let my Direct debit go out * it's due b4 they'll recieve my return & that I won't be 're CChkd, just my ยฃ Tariff will change from Nov, but I didn't wanna call back and ask when I could order, so thanks for the hands up guys
Message 7 of 9

Dazz66
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yes, that's it, you'll be paying from now but will avoid the hassle of another credit check in quick succession, which most likely would fail due to the fact you've just had one very recently, regardless of your standing.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9