cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12m contact

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Last year after her 24m contract expired my wife dropped down to a lower tariff that better fitted her usage.  It seems now that at the time she was signed up to a new 12m contract when she did this without her knowledge.  

As she expected to upgrade her handset within a year she wouldn't have agreed to a new 12m deal and the rate she got of £18 a month for sim only u/l texts and calls and 2gb data hardly seems great to be tidied in for 12 months

We have discovered this as she has taken out a new contract (with O2) and asked for an internal migration only to be told it will be £60 to terminate the contract which runs until August.  

Has anyone else encountered this, what is the best method to complain to O2 about misselling or go about proving that this has occured?

Any advice gratefully received.  

Many Thanks

Steve  

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

To be honest the easiest solution would be to cancel the new contract and just upgrade from her current SIM only plan. You can upgrade from a SIM only plan to a phone contract anytime after your third month, there's no charge for doing this. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

To be honest the easiest solution would be to cancel the new contract and just upgrade from her current SIM only plan. You can upgrade from a SIM only plan to a phone contract anytime after your third month, there's no charge for doing this. 

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous As you want the link to complain, here you go ...http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

However I am not sure how far you will get with any type of complaint as O2 will say your wife should have read the terms and conditions of any contract before taking it out.

On a positive note you could settle the existing contract of £60...https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526 and upgrade to a refresh deal......have a look at this guide.https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Not sure why your wife would take out a new contact and then try to move the number unless she was changing networks. But as others have said, best way is to cancel and upgrade. I would then call and ask for retentions and say you are thinking about cancelling the sim only account as you've seen a plan elsewhere you like, but you would stay if you could upgrade top x plan with o2 for free grin
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all, 

She has made a complaint and asked for some proof that she agreed to this new contract as I say when she changed tariff the intention was always to upgrade in the not too distant future so she thought she was agreeing to a month to month. 

The reason for a new contract was simply an unmatchable deal from another supplier.  I've just been through the same process myself without a problem. 

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

This was an easy mistake to make @Anonymous. The sim only contracts come in 30days or 12 month format (I have the 12 month contract)

I would pay it off (funds permitting) and go for a nice Refresh deal... ....(Or the other deal from a different supplier) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6