Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 vs 18 month contract

James_Bristol
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having just looked into a new contract, I see that O2 are offering £20 for 100GB of data on a 12 month contract, or if I wanted to commit for longer, an 18 month contract, I could (for the same £20) get 50GB of data.

Am I missing something here?

As an aside I love that on my phone the O2 app gives a recommended tariff of £26.85 for a massive 5GB of data. I can't even find that tariff anywhere because it would look so bad in comparison to any other!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You take the good offers at the time you want to upgrade or buy a phone. Yes your contract may be poor value compared to sim only nut that has always been the same. Buying a new contract, data allowance is a joke when you are spending a near £1K for the device.

There is a special offer on the 100GB simwhich is probably limited in time.  I thought someone posted it was £25 for  100GB but I don't have time to go look .

Message 2 of 3

James_Bristol
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

You are absolutely right that you can just take the best offer at the time that you are upgrading.

I was just amused that two otherwise identical offers were almost the exact opposite of what I was expecting. Both are limited time offers, both expiring on the same date, both have the same extra incentives (Disney+, roaming etc.), both are the same price per month yet the one which required a greater commitment has half the data.

My current contract is a sim only deal. And again, I am aware that I do not have to take O2 up on its recommendation. I was just amused that they "recommended" I take the worst possible deal.

£23 a month for 15GB of data is available, but we recommend you take £26.85 a month for 5GB...

Message 3 of 3