Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

100 International Free Minutes?

Hi, I bought the "Your Country" sim card yesterday and I made a call to +27, South Africa and was charged ₤3.50 for the call. Why didn't this call come off my free minutes? I tried to call the Customser Service help line but apparently they are closed over the weekend?

Anonymous

Re: 100 International Free Minutes?

[ Edited ]

From Terms and Conditions

Free minutes currently exclude calls to Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antarctica, Ascension Island, Azerbaijan, Benin, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo and the Democratic Republic of Congo, Cook Islands, Cuba, Djibouti, Ecuador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Equatorial, Falkland Islands, French Guiana Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali Republic, Mauritania, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nicaragua, Norfolk Island, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, the Solomon Islands, South Africa, St. Helena, Syria, Sudan, Swaziland, East Timor, Togo, Tunisia, Vanuatu and Zimbabwe, which are charged at the international Caller Bolt On rates, also excludes calls made by or to satellite phones (i.e Thuraya).

You can still call these countries but you will be charged the international caller bolt on rate.

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,326

[ Edited ]

Always read the small print. An unfortunate oversight I'm afraid.

Customer service seems to be working ok.  

Anonymous

I did read the small print!

My sim pamphlet states: Excludes calls to Ghana, Tunisia, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Solomon Islands, Sao Tome and Principe, Sudan, Norfolf Island, Cuba, Papa New Guinea, Somalia, Vanuatu, East Timor and Syria.

It does not say it excludes South Africa!

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,326

May be worthwhile to ring customer service if the information provided is misleading? Or even make a complaint, just type in complaint in the search box on the main support page.

Highlighted
Anonymous

That looks naughty - you could reasonably expect a pamphlet to be correct. Push for a refund