Did you mean: 

1 month early upgrade and O2 Open

Topcat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can upgrade my pay monthly phone.

I would love the newXperia Z, but O2 want a bit of money upfront.

Tescos are doing the phone for free on O2 with £32 monthly (600 mins, unlimited texts & 750MB- enough for me).

If I bide my time and wait, then get the phone from tescos, can I then transfer my current number to it?

Or will the fact that I'm an O2 customer mean I have to end my contract with O2 before starting again with O2 but via tescos?

I too can currently make use of  O2 Open, this would give me app £75 credit after 1 month, anyone know if I could use it?

o

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you are leaving o2 for a different network then you will need to pay up to the end date of your contract,  not the upgrade date. And the O2 Open scheme only applies if you get the phone directly from O2 so via an O2 shop, O2 website or upgrades team on the phone. More info at o2open.co.uk

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you are leaving o2 for a different network then you will need to pay up to the end date of your contract,  not the upgrade date. And the O2 Open scheme only applies if you get the phone directly from O2 so via an O2 shop, O2 website or upgrades team on the phone. More info at o2open.co.uk

Message 2 of 3

Topcat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks thought it would be the case re o2 open. I should make clear the phone offer from tescos is for O2 network and not tesco mobile network (which i know runs over the o2 network) so I would end up as an O2 customer still, I think!!!???
Message 3 of 3