cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£1 Data charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, ive just got off live chat and wondered if anyone can help. Now i was losing my temper a little as i feel he didnt understand what i was after. Obviously i know what im asking but realize i may not be explaining my problem clearly. Would appreciate if any help. Here is the chat....

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.
You're through to 'O2 : Abuzar'
Abuzar: Hi I'm O2 : Abuzar. How can I help?
Abuzar: Are you still there? What can I do for you?
James: Hi, whenever i flash a custom rom(nexus 4) i get a £1 data charge at the start up from o2. Is there any way to stop this short of taking my sim out to see if that works?
Abuzar: I'll check this for you.
Abuzar: To check your account can you give me the current call time balance and the tariff that is active on your account?
James: £8.40 and simplicity unlimited texts
Abuzar: Thanks for that.
Abuzar: Let me check this.
Abuzar: Can you tell me when did you get charged for it?
James: Last sunday, was the last time. In the past its happened several times, and im looking to flash my phone either tonight or tomorrow and didnt want to incur the usual £1 charge i have in the past.
Abuzar: Let me check this.
James: Only use wi-fi, first chance i get i go into settings and turn off data but the charges happen before im able to turn data off.
Abuzar: I can see that you haven't been charged for the Data.
James: I get a £1 charge to use data for the rest of the day notification when it happens and its deducted from my credit.
Abuzar: Did you turned off you Mobile Data off that day?
James: Yeah, but to flash you have to wipe your phone, settings etc then its like setting up the phone for the first time again.
James: By rom i mean moving away from stock jellybean to cyangenmod, paranoid android etc
Abuzar: Just to tell you that in smart phone the the phone get connected automatically with the Internet for the Update.
James: yes and im getting £1 charges for it.
James: i enter my wifi password at start up etc but it still connects via data for the setting before i can turn data off.
Abuzar: I'm sorry as it's phone feature which connect you to Internet and in this case you'll need to Switch Off the Data before using the WiFi.
James: I dont think you have know what im trying to say, have you ever flashed custom roms?
Abuzar: I'm sorry but the system is not showing the charges.
James: when i start the phone up for the first time i input my wifi, google details etc but the phone automatically connects to data(o2) which causes me to incur a £1 charge. Is there any way to stop this from happening in the future?
Abuzar: Whenever you use the WiFi then before you just Switch Off the Mobile Data or else if you wish I can remove the settings from your account and whenever in future if you wish you can add it by chatting with us.
James: The last time was last sunday, im not after any credit for past charges, but i dont wish to incur £1 charges everytime i decide to flash another rom. Nevermind soon as my credits gone im off to giffgaff as £7.50 includes unlimited text and voice + data time.
Abuzar: I'm sorry if you feel this way.

Thanks for reading, not sure if posting this is against terms so sorry if it is.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0