Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

07802000000 Voicemail problem

MaryB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a voicemail problem since I changed m phone and sim card...double voicemails 4 minutes long and 07802000000 calls me injstead of 901. The O2 store were not helpful and even stated 901 doesnt call me!

Anyway I need it sorted and I see another O2 customer on 4th November has same problem.

Martin the community manager stated he would look into it

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MaryB 

Have you checked this Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Are you talking about @Martin-O2  the community manager here? If so I have just tagged him for you?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MaryB
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I noticed another customer who purchased a new phone on 4th Novemeber was waiting on Martin's reply. I have the same problem  so he can answer both of us at same time.

I had this problem before with TU Go app and found the solution on O2 community.

Dont remember how I solved it.

It is very annoying.

I blocked the number and now 901 doesnt call me

I turned voicemail off and on several times

Message 3 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention @Cleoriff!

@MaryB I'm waiting for an answer for the other members issue but I don't know if the solution will be specific to that persons number. I'll grab some details from you just in case the Guru team need to do something behind the scenes. I'll drop you a message so we can talk further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

Fio1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I had the same problem after a tariff change in July2109. Strange 07802000000 number calling, couldn't call it back, this message is 4minutes long, messages sounding as though they were from underwater and not being able to get caller details mess.

After 6 months of various customer service calls and 3 shop visits I was advised to escalate through the gurus to 2nd line technical support. Finally (Today) I got an answer from the o2 engineers. Ringback doesn't work with my account anymore because setting have been upgraded to 4G and wifi calling enabled.

Voicemail notifications via SMS only will work with 4G and wifi calling enabled (that's on your account, not your phone)

After my last call 3 weeks ago with a guru we switched to SMS notification and voicemail callback is now back to how it used to be from the SMS message I get.

To switch on SMS notification menu path is - dial 901, key*, key4, key1.

o2 customer service and shops don't know this level of detail hence the total lack of help for any of us affected.

Message 5 of 5