Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

02202 Scam Warning

A while back this number called and texted me constantly. I rang O2 and the guy said it was a genuine O2 number-I insisted he check-and when he came back he informed me that it was indeed a scam and never to answer the calls or read the texts. Just thought I'd warn you guys Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: 02202 Scam Warning

It is O2, they are trying to get you to change tariff or move to Pay Monthly. They also offer free bolt-ons.
So you shouldn't have badgered the poor chap into telling you what you want to hear!
If you don't want marketing calls, then ask O2 to set your marketing preferences accordingly.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

do a search of the forums and ther are several threads confirming it is a genuine number that o2 use
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

It is O2, they are trying to get you to change tariff or move to Pay Monthly. They also offer free bolt-ons.
So you shouldn't have badgered the poor chap into telling you what you want to hear!
If you don't want marketing calls, then ask O2 to set your marketing preferences accordingly.

I did not 'badger' anyone-I asked him to double check-so what you are saying is a member of O2 staff lied to me?
Anyways can't be bothered to argue over trivia-have better things to do-happy christmas :robotwink:
Anonymous

and a merry christmas to you too.
Anonymous

bah.....humbug

lol
Anonymous

Yes it is O2 calling - The number has been in service for I don't know how many years!
Anonymous

Yes it is O2 calling - The number has been in service for I don't know how many years!

cool so O2 lied to me then :robotwink:
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

No. This subject came up before (and I think Wanty pointed out) that the number is by a third party on behalf of o2. The problem is that half of CS know it exists and the other half give you that answer as its not been communicated properly.
However, I can verify that number is genuine as they rang me up one time and identified my phone by its manufacturers name not the retail name. Since no-one except o2 knows that...